Specialist Disability Accommodation
Home > Specialist Disability Accommodation
Specialist disability accommodation
Compass has a long and successful history of managing homes for people with high and complex support and housing needs.
We are registered under the National Community Housing Regulatory System (NCHRS) as a Tier 1 Provider and holds a full certificate accreditation. We are also a registered Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) Provider with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for NSW, Queensland, Victoria, ACT, Northern Territory, South Australia and Tasmania.
In a recent NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission audit, Compass met all the requirements of the SDA Module and achieved a recommendation for the highest rating of 3 Best Practice in both NDIS Tenancy Management and Rights & Responsibilities practice standards.
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) refers to accommodation for participants who require specialist housing solutions, to assist with the delivery of supports that cater for their extreme functional impairment and/or very high support needs.
SDA does not refer to the support services, but the homes in which these are delivered. More information on the SDA model is available on the NDIS website www.ndis.gov.au
We know that communication is the key. We have a dedicated contact centre that can assist with your specialist disability property and other Compass related enquiries.
Residents, carers and families can contact us 24 hours a day, every day. Call 1300 333 733 then press 5
- provide you with a secure and safe home for as long as you need,
- maintain your home in a reasonable state of repair and respond in a timely manner to requests for maintenance,
- ensure that your property is fitted with adequate locks and security features to ensure that your home is secure as possible,
- take all reasonable steps to enable you to have quiet enjoyment of your room,
- treat you with courtesy and respect,
- give you, your carers and families information about managing maintenance, complaints or disagreements,
- listen to your feedback and resolve problems quickly,
- protect your privacy and confidential information and
- make sure that we comply with all applicable standards, guidelines and codes of conduct.
NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework
CLICK HERE to download the Easy Read version of the upcoming NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework. It has important information for residents in our group homes who take part in the NDIS and their primary contacts. This document is a summary of another document. You can find the other document on our website at www.dss.gov.au/ndisqualityandsafeguards
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. The commission's website contains a lot of useful information for participants and includes links to a portal for submitting complaints online. Learn more at www.ndiscommission.gov.au/participants
Get Building SDA
The Summer Foundation and Disability Services Consulting are delivering Get Building SDA with funding support from the NSW Department of Industry, under the Smart, Skilled and Hired: Disability Sector Scale Up program.
Get Building SDA aims to increase the number of SDA properties for NDIS participants and, as a result, increase the hours of Supported Independent Living (SIL) delivered in NSW. You can learn more at the Get Building SDA webite HERE.